Copernicus is the European Union’s Earth Observation Programme, which monitors our planet and its environment for the ultimate benefit of the citizens of Europe. It delivers data, information and services based on satellite Earth Observation imagery and in-situ (non-space) data.
EUSPA Open Space 2021
''EUSPA Open Space'' is a three-day, walk-through, open-air experience which will introduce visitors to the newly established EU Space Programme as well the agency's new mission.
Galileo is the European Union navigation and positioning system, and currently, the world’s most precise global satellite navigation system (GNSS), serving more than two billion users globally.
EGNOS is Europe’s regional satellite-based augmentation system (SBAS). SBASs are used to correct the performance of global navigation satellite systems, such as GPS.
The European Union Governmental Satellite Communications (GOVSATCOM) programme aims at providing secure and cost-efficient communications capabilities to security and safety critical missions and operations managed by the European Union and its Member States, including national security actors and EU Agencies and institutions.
Our daily lives are influenced by what happens in space, much more than we realise. Satellites in orbit allow millions of people to communicate and navigate using new technologies, to travel by land, sea and air, and to develop ways with which we can improve the health of our planet and grow our economy.
Τhis year, under a new name, with a broadened scope of activities, and while observing the current hygiene rules, the European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) invites you to its first open-air exhibition called "EUSPA Open Space".
- 4 - 6 November 2021
- In front of EUSPA Headquarters at Janovského 438/2, 170 00 Praha 7-Holešovice
How to reach us?
- Hop on Galileo-enabled trams: 6,8,12,17,25,1 and get off at Strosmayerovo Namesti or take a ride down the metro line C and stop at Vltavska
You can also save the date on the Facebook or LinkedIn #EUSPAOpenSpace events.
European Union Agency for the Space Programme
As a European Union agency, EUSPA’s mission is to implement the first integrated EU Space Programme and multiply the benefits generated by space data and services so citizens, businesses and governments can make the most of them.
- Delivers: safe, state-of-the-art, European satellite-based services to a growing group of users in Europe and around the world
- Promotes the commercial use of space data from Galileo, EGNOS, Copernicus and GOVSATCOM
- Ensures the safety and security of the EU Space Programme assets both in space and on the ground
- Supports innovation along the whole value chain of business development for companies, start-ups and academia.
The agency also contributes to the European Green Deal and digital transition, the safety and security of the Union and its citizens, while reinforcing its autonomy and resilience.