The hackathon addresses humanitarian support related to the war in Ukraine by using data from the EU Space Programme.
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is proud to organize the ''#EUSpace4Ukraine Hackathon'' to mobilize the EU Space community and provide solutions to enhance humanitarian support to those fleeing the devastating war in Ukraine.
The purpose of the hackathon is to develop solutions and applications for NGOs and helpers providing humanitarian help. Innovators across Europe are invited to leverage data and services from the EU Space Programme for a good cause.
Areas the hackathon will address include the provision of:
- roadmaps for supplies,
- satellite temporary connection to replace broken landlines,
- identification of the level of destruction,
- creation of platforms for helping people integrate in new countries,
- coordination of private and public helper organizations
- The hackathon takes place from 29 June - to 1 July 2022
Who can participate?
- The hackathon is open to NGOs, academia, application developers, and young entrepreneurs from the EU-27 Member States, including Switzerland, Norway and Iceland.
- Team size: 2-5.
- Challenge Webinar took place on June 6th. Watch the recording here.
European Union Agency for the Space Programme
As a European Union agency, EUSPA’s mission is to implement the first integrated EU Space Programme and multiply the benefits generated by space data and services so citizens, businesses and governments can make the most of them.
- Delivers: safe, state-of-the-art, European satellite-based services to a growing group of users in Europe and around the world
- Promotes the commercial use of space data from Galileo, EGNOS, Copernicus and GOVSATCOM
- Ensures the safety and security of the EU Space Programme assets both in space and on the ground
- Supports innovation along the whole value chain of business development for companies, start-ups and academia.
The agency also contributes to the European Green Deal and digital transition, the safety and security of the Union and its citizens, while reinforcing its autonomy and resilience.