Privacy statement on the protection of personal data in relation to the “EUSPA Space Academy Newsletter”
All personal data are dealt with in compliance with the applicable rules on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data (currently Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725). The following data protection information notice outlines the criteria by which EUSPA collects, manages and uses your personal data concerning the EUSPA Space Academy Newsletter subscriptions.
Identity of controller and data protection officer:
Controller: European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA), Head of the Market Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DPO: European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA), Data Protection Officer, email@example.com
Purpose(s) of processing:
- to establish a list of subscribers that requested to receive email notification regarding the EUSPA Space Academy;
- to send out monthly email notifications to all the data subjects included in the abovementioned list on important developments, activities, events, initiatives or thematic issues in the area of the EUSPA Space Academy, in particular through newsletters as well as visual content.
Data/Categories of data concerned:
The Data Controller collects the following categories of personal data:
- your name, surname and email address are needed to ensure the delivery of the service to you as a subscriber.
Recipients/Categories of recipients of the data processed:
Access to personal data is granted on a ‘need to know’ basis to a limited number of EUSPA Staff responsible for managing the EUSPA Space Academy and to a limited number of SpaceTec Partners staff responsible for carrying out this processing operation under contract GSA/OP/09/16/LOT2/SC12.
Any recipient is reminded of its obligation not to use the data received for other purposes than the one for which they were transmitted.
We also share personal data with third parties that support us as we provide our services (i.e., MailerLite and LearnWorlds). Please refer to their websites for further information about personal data handling. Each organisation is required to safeguard personal data in accordance with our contractual obligations and data protection law.
Legal basis/Lawfulness of the processing:
Processing is based on the consent of the data subject (Art. 5(1)(d) of Regulation 2018/1725). Data subjects unambiguously give their consent to the processing of the personal data by ticking the box on the EUSPA Space Academy webpage, which is a mandatory step in the newsletter subscription.
Information on the storage locations and retention period of personal data:
The retention period of personal data is five years after your participation in the EUSPA Space Academy. Should the data subject choose to unsubscribe, the personal data shall be deleted within a week from receiving such request.
Once the retention period is over, personal data are destroyed.
All personal data in electronic format (e-mails, documents, databases, uploaded batches of data, etc.) are stored on servers located in the EU/EEA.
Transferring the data to third countries:
Your data will not be transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA.
Your data will not be used for an automated decision-making, including profiling.
Data subjects have the right:
- To obtain confirmation as to whether or not his or her personal data are being processed, access the data and obtain detailed information on the processing;
- Of rectification of inaccurate personal data;
- Of erasure of personal data if the statutory provisions are met;
- Of restriction of processing if the statutory provisions are met;
- To data portability;
- To withdraw the consent to personal data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the consent’s withdrawal;
- To lodge a complaint to the European Data Protection Supervisor at EDPS@edps.europa.eu should they consider that the processing operations do not comply with Regulation (EU) No 2018/1725.
Any request for the exercise of any of the abovementioned rights shall be addressed to the EUSPA Marked Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org; data subjects are kindly requested to describe their requests explicitly.
- Regarding the processing of your personal data: email@example.com;
- Regarding the interpretation, application or breach of Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, please contact the EUSPA Data Protection Officer (DPO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.