Launched on Thursday 22 April, EUSPA Space Crossroads is an online series dedicated to the people and businesses whose paths keep crossing with space. Together we discuss how this interaction is enabling the creation of innovative ideas and new businesses and start-ups. The event features the contribution of leaders, experts, investors and big players, sharing their experience with space, and integrating Q&As and networking opportunities.
Why Space Crossroads?
In recent years, EUSPA has attracted over 600 EU start-ups to participate in the MyGalileoApp, MyGalileoSolution, MyGalileoDrone, and other competitions and hackathons. However, winning a competition is only the beginning of a steep learning curve. Ensuring stable revenue is the ultimate dream of all start-ups, and nothing is more important than networking when it comes to getting the first customers on board! Through the Space Crossroads, EUSPA intends to connect start-ups and entrepreneurs with leaders, experts, investors and big players, creating a supportive environment where new ideas can flourish and move closer to market.
What’s in it for me?
The Space Crossroads series is a platform where a virtual community of EUSPA-incubated start-ups and entrepreneurs can share experiences and best practices to help new ideas and innovation thrive. In the series, experts and entrepreneurs can meet, ask questions, get feedback, learn from each other and make invaluable connections.
The Space Crossroads community consist of two different channels, a Slack group where members can exchange information at any time; and a series of virtual webcasts organized every other Thursday by EUSPA with the contribution of a rich line up of guests. The Slack group, moderated by EUSPA, is the place to ask questions and share experiences.
How does it work?
To receive the link and the agenda of the next session straight in your inbox, register here.
What topics will the series cover?
Every episode presents exciting new guests and topics, the setting is informal (ie. grab a coffee) and we have created a cosy virtual corner where you can interact with speakers and participants.
The webcasts chaired by EUSPA features a calendar of topics and guests creating a virtual crossroads where ideas and people meet and travel on to new horizons.
- A road to being a New-Space female Entrepreneur: 1 July, 16:00 - 17:00 CEST
- With our special guest Bianca Cefalo we will explore how to start a business in the space industry, as a female founder already holding other business roles (and during a pandemic). Bianca will also talk about the start-up she co-founded Space DOTS, and the products they are working on. During the session, she will take us through her professional journey, starting as an engineering student, then space missions analyst and product manager, consultant, tech business developer, leading to her present role of startupper. Bianca will also share with us which female leaders in the space industry have been an inspiration for her, and how she is supporting more women in the space ecosystem.
- Join the session here.
- Point.IoT Entrepreneur’s playbook: 17 June, 16:00 - 17:00
- The 5th episode of Space Crossroads will be on the “Point.IoT Entrepreneur’s playbook” and the special guest is Thomas Tanghe from SpaceTec partners. During the session we will discuss about the Point.IoT’s customized, comprehensive entrepreneurial toolkit freely available to anyone. It allows promising IoT and GNSS entrepreneurs to unlock unique business opportunities in the expanding IoT market. This MOOC & Playbook will help you to go through your business journey with a series of trainings and self-directed exercises addressing key questions to understand customer challenges, define products & services, design business model & case as well as get practical instructions in preparing to pitch like a pro.
- The top 10 mistakes in B2B sales: 3 June, 16:00-17:00
- In this episode, our special guest Martin Giese from XPRENEURS, an incubator for high-tech startups, will give some useful insights of how to manage your sales and scale up from startup to unicorn! Martin has substantial expertise in the startup ecosystem as mentor, investor and entrepreneur himself, and author of “Fast Forward: Accelerating B2B sales for startups”, a book on startup financing.
- Start-up 101: writing a success story: May 20, 16:00-17:00
- Receivers: the heart of GNSS solutions: May 6, 16:00-17:00
In this episode, we will be talking about:
1) everything GNSS receivers: how GNSS looks today, current trends, differences between chips, modules, receivers and how to choose the right one for us. How to integrate GNSS Rx to the specific solutions; and
2) Ublox success story: the role of customer-centered design, how to develop & process user needs assessment and deliver what customers need.
Guest of the day Mårten Ström, Director Product Line Management, Product Center Positioning at u-blox. Mårten has been in the Product Strategy team of u-blox Positioning since January 2015. His focus is on high precision GNSS products, Industrial Navigation markets including UAV and robotics
- How to step up your game and start playing with the big kids: April 22, 16:00-17:00
- In the first episode, let’s start with the elephant in the room of every start-up: How can start-ups and young entrepreneurs put their foot in the door of big companies and create opportunities for cooperation? How to market and pitch to large corporations, responding to their needs and matching their expectations?
- Guest of the day: Ed Parsons, Geospatial Technologist of Google, member of the Board of Directors of the Open Geospatial Consortium, Visiting Professor at University College London and, a past successful entrepreneur.