#myEUspace, EUSPA’s signature competition, developed under the CASSINI Entrepreneurship Initiative, challenges innovators to develop game-changing solutions that leverage EU Space data from Galileo, Europe’s Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), and/or Copernicus, the European Earth Observation programme.
This year’s competition is unique in that it is divided into three different prize tracks (Ideas, Prototypes and Commercial Products), with each track consisting of three different innovation areas:
- Space My Life: Consumer solutions in focus areas such as health, citizen safety and security, gaming and entertainment, sports and fitness, tourism.
- Our Green Planet: Innovative solutions addressing conservation of ecosystems, green mobility, sustainable agriculture, management of energy and resources.
- Dive in Deep Tech: Innovative solutions combining EU space data with deep technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Quantum technologies, Blockchain, Metaverse and Extended Reality.
This evolution aimed at encouraging more innovators to apply – which is exactly what it did. Following a first track that saw 92 ideas submitted, the competition’s second track – for Best Prototypes – received 95 submissions from 25 countries of the European Economic Area.
After carefully evaluating each prototype and assessing their technology maturity, the #myEUspace competition jury has made its decision. “With this second track geared towards tested prototypes and beta versions ready to be brought to market, the jury paid particular attention to overall innovativeness, market potential, feasibility and relevance to the EU Space Programme,” says Justyna Redelkiewicz, Market and Downstream Innovation - Consumer Entrepreneurship and Environment Manager at EUSPA.
Without further ado, the 10 winners of the #myEUspace competition’s ‘Best Prototypes’ track are:
- CoCuRA Eco: Machine learning techniques to identify organic cotton
- OverView: Online platform to access and visualise environmental data
- Spillalert: Intuitive web interface for oil spills and blackwater tank detection
- Plantiverse: Green area monitoring and management platform
- Artificial Brain Tech: Quantum optimised scheduling of Earth Observation satellites
- Avalanche Monitoring: Monitoring avalanches with satellites and seismic sensors
- Climate AI for Web3: Real-world portable climate API for virtual worlds powered by AI and satellite data
- WaveOut: Augmented reality navigation app that guides by sound
- AeroVR: Virtual reality solution that simulates real UAV flights and operations
- Artur (Nav-X): Smartphone app using augmented reality to digitally explore tourist destinations
Submissions for the ‘Commercial Products’ track, the competition’s third and final track, are currently being evaluated.
Organised by EUSPA as part of the European Commission’s CASSINI – Space Entrepreneurship Initiative, the #myEUspace competition is open to teams from all EU Member States plus Switzerland, Norway and Iceland and has a total prize of nearly EUR 1 million.
Media note: This feature can be republished without charge provided the European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is acknowledged as the source at the top or the bottom of the story. You must request permission before you use any of the photographs on the site. If you republish, we would be grateful if you could link back to the EUSPA website (http://www.euspa.europa.eu).